Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yummy Cake

I came across the recipe for this cake on Molly Wizenberg's blog site Orangette. I just recently found her blog, and have become quite intrigued by her and her husbands ventures in opening a their own restaurant. This is her rendition of another recipe, which she calls "Everyday Cake". I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit. I loved the simple taste if the cake and it the nutmeg gave it a nice kick!
Below is the first slice... ( well , whats left of it). I also find it is a great companion for ice cream. We enjoyed it that evening with homemade avocado gelato and whipped cream. Yum! Thanks so much for sharing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy cake babe, very nutty and nutmegy and slightly gooey in the middle which was the best bit. Your avocado ice cream, which I was a little skeptical about before tasting it, made a great companion to this. Lets wash it don't with some of those cheap and cheerful desert wines from TJ's next time you make it! ;) (or an Anchor steam)
Love Lx